Saturday, July 9, 2011

Umm...

That is about how I am feeling right now and I am not sure what to post. But I know I need to post since I haven't in a few weeks. This summer has just been super crazy busy. Everyday is pretty much planned out to the minute which is good because I like to be busy but it would sometimes be nice to do something spontaneoous too! Because I am working out with my training classes on Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays I hardly have time to go to the pool. Which for me is a bummer. Normally by this time in the summer I have a nice rich tan going on but not this year. Today after I get off work Adam and I are headed to the pool. We already made this unanimous decision on our way home from dinner last night!

On Thursday I was ready to blog about how I have not had any backpain in awhile since I have started working out more. Washing my hair in the shower this is exactly what I am thinking. Gee...my back feels really good right now. Well around 2 hours later I am sitting at work in excruiating pain. Its not that my back went out but it just tightness and pain from the workout that I did on Wednesday. So instead of doing the cardio circuit with the group on Thursday I walked the treadmill for 45 minutes. It was not what I wanted but I can't push my back any farther than my body will allow. I always feel heavier when I have pain. I guess it is because my self-esteem starts to lower for some reason. Also I start to get whinier than usual. Good thing Adam is used to this..ha. It is slowly starting to feel better. Friday I did a quick walk on the treadmill to try to further stretch it out and it seems to hurt less. Today sitting at my desk in the office will be a true test. On my breaks I will get up and do things like sort laundry and shower and load the dishwasher. The joys of working from home! :)

Before I hurt my back I was not doing so well with the C25k. Hopefully on Monday I can start doing it again. I am less than 3 months away from turning 30. There have been some subtle changes I have noticed lately though. First my arms are starting to look better. They are not wonderful but I felt comfortable in the new dress that I bought to go without anything over it. Another is that I was looking in the mirror last night after brushing my teeth and my face is getting slimmer again! That is the one thing that really bothers me is when my face looks fat! But now it is starting to look slimmer. My stomach is also getting smaller. I know that will be the longest process because when I gain weight it is ALWAYS in my stomach first! The other day one of my friends was telling me that when I am pregnant the only place I will probably carry is in my stomach. Oh I know they are right which is why before we get pregnant I have to at least reduce the size of my stomach!

As I was saying earlier this summer is just buzzing along. In less than 2 months we will be on our vacation to Litchfield Beach. I am really looking forward to it this year because our nephew is going to be SO much fun! Also hopefully in the next two months I can really start to get some results. I started on a new dosage of Metformin that is an extended release tablet last week. I only have to take it once a day now and not 3 times like I was before. I have already noticed that I am less hungry. Metformin in people with insulin resistance causes weight loss and is supposed to suppress your appetite. So far so good this time around. So hopefully it will continue to not upset my stomach and help me to eat leass and get my insulin resistance under control by losing weight.

I am going to cut this post off here but I am going to post some concert updates later today.

PS:I also wanted to include a picture on this post of the new dress I bought at Old Navy the other day. I told you I bought a sleeveless dress and wanted to show it off!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dress!! You look amazing keep up the hard work!!

    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karli! :)

    Katie Murray

    ReplyDelete