Friday, June 3, 2011

Still a little sore!

Workout #2 was last night. It was another doozy but I am feeling sore and good at the same time. I had forgotten how much better you feel when you start doing serious weight workouts. Last night was weight training. I did TRX for the first time. I love it! It is definitely worth all the hype that we had leading up to it. We also worked on abs which are probably my weak point due to having a back injury. After I worked out last night Jennifer and I went to the pool for the remainder of adult swim. It was great to be able to move in the water and make those sore muscles work a little more! I then went home and Adam came home and wanted to take a walk. Walks with us as a family are rare so I jumped on it even though I was feeling really sore and slow. Adam actually wanted to do a long walk so we went on about a 1.5 mile walk around the neighborhood. When we were crossing through the park on the way back I saw something on four legs walking around the trashcan by the basketball courts. I warned Adam that I was not sure what it was but to be careful. Adam had already saw it and started yelling at whatever it was to stay away. I am sure it was a dog but with all the coyote sightings people in Indy have had lately I wanted to be extra careful. So we ended our night with a very tired family!

So I am sure some of you are wondering how I am doing with my back and all the workouts. Well that is a good question. Anyone that knows the way I work out knows that I really push hard and don’t hold back. If it is hurting I tend not to let too many people know about it. Looking at me you probably wouldn’t think that but I used to be in very good shape and really even though I am overweight I still have some parts that are in good shape. My trainer Jacquie knows all about my back issues and she is very good about asking me how I am doing. She has back issues herself and does not want me to hurt myself. But I have made a decision that I am not going to let my back injury stop me from doing anything I want to do. As my mom told me early this week I have let my injury stop me for far too long. I feel horrible that I have waited so long into this year 29 adventure to start really trying at losing weight but I have always worked better under pressure!

Looking forward to some pool time this weekend and also Outrun the Sun! We have done it every year since it has started in memory and honor of my Aunt Julie who passed away from Melanoma. It is a great cause and if you ever have a chance to donate to it or walk for it I would highly recommend it!

I have decided that today I am going to do a separate post about school and some other things going on in the Murray household!

No comments:

Post a Comment