Thursday, August 11, 2011

Remembering Grandma Gillen

I did not think this fit in any other post but I wanted to say that the world lost a great lady in July. Adam's grandma passed away at the age of 93. She was honestly quite a lady. Born in 1918 she was the valedictorian of her high school class! She went to business college and was a great business woman making the family farm and her children and grandchildren her life. Really an amazing woman all around. She was also an amazing china painter and we have so many of her pieces in our house. I cannot imagine what it would have been like for her living through the depression and WW2. Her and Adam's grandpa had one of those epic love stories that I can liken to the story of Noah and Allie in the Notebook. She raised an amazing family that I am very proud to be a part of. No matter what her children or grandchildren did she was proud of them. That is true love.

Thanks Grandma Gillen for taking me into your family. I am so glad I got to know you. You will forever be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment