Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So far behind!

This is not a weight loss post. It is about how far behind I am on my second class from summer semester. Luckily it is a 9-month class so I technically have until February to finish it but I have set a goal this week to be done with my first assignment and have it submitted to my professor. Lets just say life gets in the way sometimes! The worst part is my new semester starts in 2 weeks. So my goal by the 22nd is to have at least half of my assignments submitted so that I can start my next round of classes in a timely manner!

So as I mentioned life gets in the way and things get busy while we had a little excitement last week in the way of the dog. The last weekend in July Adam and I went to Virginia with my dad for his family reunion. We kenneled Wiggles for the weekend. On Saturday we got a call from the kennel asking if Wiggles had been limping before we brought her. I said yes she had because she had jumped down and jarred her leg somehow and we were working on it with the vet. My mom went to pick her up on Sunday because we still were not home yet and she called and said the dog is not doing well she can barely walk. I thought it was just due to her anxiety from us being away and told my mom that she would be fine when we got home. Well she wasn't. We let her limp around like that until Wednesday when Adam could not stand it anymore and he took her in to get it looked at. Well the vet wanted to do emergency surgery and look at the leg right away. Really its a good thing I love that dog as much as I do because I was thinking crap...how much is this going to cost? Turns out she tore her ACL and they injected it with platelets and cortizone to help it heal. In case anyone was wondering that cost us almost $500. Not to mention we had just paid $72 for 3 days in the kennel and the 2 months before she went in and got an "adjustment" on her leg at $150 and $50 dollars. So that is over $700 this summer just on the dog! Now I know that is no excuse to why I have not finished my class yet but the last couple of weeks I have been preoccupied with Wiggles and her treatment and healing. We still don't know what the final outcome is going to be with her leg but at this point I am definitely not leaning towards surgery if it is needed! So prayers are needed for her to make a speedy recovery for her leg and that she won't cost us anymore money!

Also this brings up what we should do with her while we are at Litchfield with Adams family next month. Being a dog owner is not always easy but to me it is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment