Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer update 2

Wow! July is done and we are almost to the middle of August! Summer is going super fast. Next week the kids in the neighborhood will be back in school. Crazy how fast it all goes.

First with our concert updates:

In July I had 3 concerts that I went to, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts and NKOTBSB (part 2).  First was Tim McGraw. My love affair with Tim started the first time I heard Indian Outlaw on the radio. When I graduated from 8th grade my mom bought be tickets to see him and Faith Hill at then Deer Creek To this date it is probably one of those concerts I will always remember. It was just before Tim and Faith announced that they were dating and I remember my almost Freshman self thinking that they seem awfully close to each other!

When I was in high school and college I worked at Deer Creek/VWMC for a couple of years. I saw alot of concerts in those years and Tim was always one I would definitely go to when I had the opportunity. That is why I was excited he was on the Megaticket this year. This year's concert did not disappoint. Megan and Lori brought their little daughters because they are fans of The Band Perry. The Band Perry was very good...they will definitely be superstars someday soon! Luke Bryan also opened for him..he is a cutie! It was a smaller group this concert than the others. Erin and Eric were the other ones there with us.  I even converted Sara into a Tim McGraw fan by the end of the night!

Next up was Rascal Flatts. Adam bought Sara's ticket and came with me. It was a hot one that day! It was just a few of us at this concert. My aunt Teresa came with Megan and my cousin Kaylie. It was a good concert too. My only complaint was the heat. We had alot of fun and I never realized how many Rascal Flatt's songs I know.

The next was NKOTBSB. Again the concert was amazing! It is funny how you can remember the lyrics to all those songs you sang as a child! This concert BSB was alot better than they were the first. I lost my voice screaming!

As you know from my last post we went to Virginia the last week in July. It was so much fun. It was just Adam and my dad and me. It was nice to go away and have my dad show us around Lee County. It is really beautiful down there and even though we barely know some of those family members they are always so welcoming. We had a great time while we were down there and unfortunately we came back to a sick dog. :( (more on that in my previous post)

My mom, aunts, cousins and I went to State Fair Band Day last week to watch my cousin Alyssa march for the first time. I cannot beleive my baby cousin is starting high school and her older brother is starting college! Natalie is even going to a new school!  Anyway, the Millers had a great routine this year. One of the most solid bands in the contest but of course they were underappreciated by the judges as always. But we had fun and I think Alyssa had a great time!

Adams sister and nephew were in town last week. It was alot of fun to see them and get to play with our nephew! He is so much fun and we are blessed to have him in our life. He seems to love his Uncle Adam and Aunt Katie. Hopefully we can start to set up some regular Skype dates so we can talk to him more often. We will see him when we go to SC in a couple of weeks. It will be fun to have a whole week of spoiling him!

So our summer has been pretty crazy and we are not even done yet. Tomorrow night we are headed to Symphony on the Prairie with our friend Amanda. Saturday we will probably head to the State Fair. We leave for vacation in 3 weeks and I think we are both so ready! It has been a year since we have been on vacation so we are getting anxious!

No comments:

Post a Comment